Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I wont miss you

In about twenty days from now, I'll be sitting in my room packing my things for the train next day. I will be downloading all the stuff from dc onto my hard disk and try to fill it. May be an hour before leaving, i would take a walk around the campus for one last time. And ya, wishing every one all the best for all their future endeavors for one final time. Most people would say we are sure to meet again, some acquaintances may say a bye and a few others will just say bye knowing that we will never meet again. Never ever.

What's with this campus?I love it for a moment the next moment I detest it.I've had the best moments of my life with friends here and yea the worst too. May be if I write a 600 page novel about my life till graduation it would contain 100 ages about my 16 years before coming here and the other 500 would be about the 4 yrs I spent here. There is some magic around here. What it is or what I may miss if I leave this place is something i can't tell now . But as of now i really feel i won't miss too much. Not too many things I see around here seem real or permanent. Will i really miss something if i leave this place? I am going to get a job, earn money do what i want with that, go out freely in the nights, roam any where during the weekends smoke or booze in my room,can visit any goddamn site on the internet and need not be afraid of grades anymore, need not answer my parents about getting less cgpa, hit on some beautiful girl(at least try, i bet you, finding a beautiful girl is rare only inside campus not outside) and well a lot more none of which i can do when on campus.

Isn't it awesome? Isn't it enough? What am i going miss ? Friends, if that is what you say, we are going to stay in touch. But yes i realize that We can still meet friends but we wont have anything much to talk about.He does not have labs during which he screwed up badly, he doesn't have a prof under whom he's doing a project to tell about, all the adventures he's done to try and impress that girl, the time when she gave a dirty look when we were ogling at her(of course never cared and continued to stare),no DC to bring up interesting campus stuff or TV series, no behind the auditorium scenes to talk about, no auditorium events to talk about. Everyone suddenly turns professional : starts speaking English when we meet, get offended when swear words are used, can't talk about anything they feel is personal, cant talk about work because of the confidentiality agreement, fun trips will not be fun anymore because you now go with colleagues.

One best thing about the life outside campus is that there are no strings attached. You can do whatever you want to.There will not be a conflict of interests because you don't really care what others want.You need not sacrifice things you like because your friends did not like (the look sweet when done on campus, but off campus they look like you overdo things),You will not have to convince a lot of people to do something because you like it. And here i am anticipating just that kind of life.

I have the gut feeling that one day I might really feel that I miss you all.I really do not want to face that day.Suggestions please...

Cheers to every one on campus. You've made 4 years of my life memorable. Will always be thankful for that :)

2 comments:

  1. These days will no doubt be remembered throughout our lives. Now, will we miss them? The answer depends on where you are and what you are up to. For example, during these boring PS days, I definitely miss my room. DC. football, common room and what not! But I cannot guarantee that I would feel this nostalgic when I am in a different place doing better things. But lets go with the cliche "College days are the best". After all it was our home, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we ll miss DC :( where the F can u get 76TB of stuff!!!!!

    ReplyDelete